In our conversation with Tim Stevenson, Partner of Finance for U.S. Compliance, we discuss the different issues they faced in streamlining their company’s project billing. They came to DBSync to improve the timeliness and accuracy of their billing by automating their data workflows between Microsoft Dynamics and their accounting system, QuickBooks. Tim shares some of his lessons learned and the best practices they picked up along the way.
U.S. Compliance is an industry leader in EHS compliance management and EHS consulting solutions. They deliver their OSHA compliance and environmental compliance consulting expertise to industrial firms in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The company pioneered Compliance-as-a-Service (CaaS). Some key facts:
- Their client net promoter score (NPS) is 2X the industry average
- Top 6% of All Companies in Employee Engagement (Gallup Q12)
- Growing with $10M in revenue and 90+ employees
Here are some highlights of the conversation
- They implemented Microsoft Dynamics to help streamline their customers’ CaaS subscription and project orders.
- Their primary issue was billing their orders correctly due to human errors and lags in communicating when projects were completed and needed to be billed.
- They used DBSync to automated workflows between their QuickBooks accounting system and Microsoft Dynamics CRM software.
- They have been able to grow their business without adding on adding headcount to their accounting department.
- DBSync estimates $51K per year in savings, the average salary of an accountant.
- With integration, “you don’t know what you don’t know,” having a solid partner can make all the difference.
Learn about the integration issues they faced, how they became comfortable with the integration and their outcomes.
Learn about Microsoft Dynamics data workflow connectors.